Coffee making Mondays bearable possible….A cup of coffee shared with friends is happiness tasted. Coffee has its own power of tempting by its delicious Aroma. But did you ever realize that you are poisoning yourself?? Relax…Yes; the drink you take is poisoned with Caffeine. Coffee definitely isn’t the healthiest beverage out there. Caffeine is the world’s most widely consumed psychoactive drug among many other psychoactive substances.
It’s a fact:
- Caffeine raises your blood pressure. Caffeine makes your heart work harder to pump blood throughout the body. Blood pressure is an important predictor of heart attack and stroke.
- Many of the compounds and the various acids found in coffee can irritate your stomach and the lining (causing ulcers), or it may increase your risk of aggravating heartburn or acid reflux.
- Coffee, if consumed in excess, may increase your risk of Gout. Gout is an inflammatory disease similar to arthritis, where uric acid builds up in the joints and tendons causing swelling and pain.
- Coffee affects calcium absorption. Coffee essentially interferes with your body’s ability to absorb calcium, preventing it from reaching your bones.
- Coffee can cause indigestion. Constituents in coffee can interfere with normal drug metabolism and detoxification in the liver making it difficult to regulate the normal detoxification process in the liver.
The common we hear from coffee drinkers is that “Coffee makes feel fresh and awake”… Is it?? Ever wondered why?
Coffee doesn’t actually cause your body to produce more energy; instead, it shuts off the part of your brain that registers tiredness. Coffee tricks your brain into thinking that you are more alert and awake. Thus affecting brain and central nervous systems can cause problems like: Anxiety, Jitters, Nervousness, Irritability and Drowsiness.
Regular coffee drinkers are helpless as they want to drink more and more to feel the same effect as they got addicted to the Caffeine which makes less sensitive to the taste. Withdrawing from coffee makes they feel headaches and hypertension which is truly due to lack of intake of caffeine. Whether coffee can be considered as a health drink, it is up to you to make the choice.
Now it’s time to think “Is coffee bad?” What’s your conclusion?