The green giant!! Green, the color of life and energy, is associated with meanings of growth, freshness and healthy…Not many people know the benefits of broccoli. Broccoli is known to be a healthy vegetable which is rich in dozens of nutrients.
Benefits of broccoli:
- Broccoli shares cancer fighting and immune boosting elements. It contains properties that deplete estrogens which usually cause cancer in the body and cancers of various internal organs like the lungs, colon, liver, kidneys, and the intestines
- Like many whole foods, broccoli is packed with soluble fiber that draws cholesterol out of your body
- The presence of vitamins, sulfur and certain amino acids make broccoli a very good It helps to remove free toxins like uric acid from the body, thereby purifying the blood and keeping away problems related to toxins such as boils, itches, rashes, gout and arthritis
- Broccoli contains antioxidants that can help the body in a variety of ways. It is deeply concentrated with vitamin C, making it great for immunity. Other than this, broccoli also helps in recycling the vitamin C efficiently
- Broccoli contains high levels of both calcium and vitamin K, both of which are important for bone. Along with calcium, broccoli is also full of other nutrients like magnesium, zinc and phosphorous. Broccoli is also suitable for children and elderly person
- Broccoli is great for heart as it contains fibers, fatty acids and vitamins that help regulating blood pressure in the body. The anti-inflammatory properties of Sulforaphane in broccoli help protecting blood vessels from damaging as well
- Broccoli is high in fiber which aids in digestion, prevents constipation, maintains low blood sugar, and curbs overeating and also great for weight loss
- Broccoli is a powerhouse of antioxidants and nutrients like vitamin C and minerals such copper and zinc helps in maintaining a healthy skin. It also protects the skin from getting infections as well as keeps the natural glow of your skin. Eating broccoli regularly helps in reducing fine lines, wrinkles, anti-ageing and skin issues like acne and even pigmentation
- An important mineral, chromium, found abundantly in broccoli, helps in the proper functioning of insulin and regulates blood sugar, through regulating blood pressure as well
- Rich nutrients in broccoli are great for eye health as these help in protecting the eyes against mascular degeneration, cataract and even repairs damage done by harmful radiations we go through by being constantly on our phones or being in front of a screen.
- Sulforaphane which is component of the broccoli is great food for kidney.
In spite of the fact, for some people broccoli can cause an allergic rash, as some of the powerful compounds in the vegetable can be irritating to the skin.
It is an ideal vegetable to include in your salads every day. In addition to this, broccoli also contains proteins, making it suitable for vegetarians to complete their protein requirement.
Health benefits right away!